Independent Contractor Opportunities
Current Contractor Openings
Independent Contractor – DC; Ft Meade MD, Baltimore MD, Frederick/Hagerstown MD, Germantown MD, Champaign IL, and Chicago IL;TX DPS/Law Enforcement IC’s: Oklahoma City, & Kearney NE; DCSA Contract Investigators – DC Metro Area, Northern VA area, San Francisco/San Jose, Chicago IL, Boston MA, Los Alamos/Santa Fe NM, Cincinnati OH, McAllen TX, Port Hueneme CA, and Colorado Springs CO
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Have the ability to pass a background check
- Have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation with proof of current auto insurance
- Be willing to travel within a 65 mile radius from their home or office
- Be properly licensed and insured (E&O)
- Be self-motivated
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have the ability to professionally and effectively interact with a variety of individuals
- Have a personal computer (minimum operating system of Windows 2000 or newer) with a full version of Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat version 5.0 or higher
- High speed internet access
- Other items to consider: paper shredder, fax machine, printer
- Experience and Licensing requirements vary by contract
IDS is always looking for talented individuals to join our elite team. Even if you don’t see a current opening that meets your skills, please submit your resume here.
If you are interested in a company that has a team atmosphere, then join us at IDS. We believe in working together towards our common goal, providing our customers with quality products in a timely manner. Doing so helps IDS continue to grow and that in turn opens opportunities for all of our employees. We are driven by integrity and accountability so IDS is recognized as a leader in our industry.
We offer a variety of contracts and types of investigative work to do, depending on your location and experience.
You pick your schedule and when you want to work.
Do you travel or snowbird? Our work is throughout the nation and may be available where you travel to.