Sr. Investigative Program Specialist


Serve a multi-purpose role as a senior investigator, trainer/mentor and recruiter to assist with the growth and positive movement of the IDS DCSA program.

Responsibilities include:

  • Current Focus
  • As IDS positions itself for growth on the DCSA contract, the ability to work and close cases remains key. The Sr. Investigative Program Specialist will initially conduct casework about 80% of the time. The other 20% would be focused on training and recruiting.
  • Future Options
  • As the programs builds, the intent is to have the Sr. Investigative Program Specialist move away from casework and focus more on the training, recruiting and back-up roles within the program structure.

Requirements include:

  • This position will be positioned to grow IDS’ DCSA program by conducting casework, acting as the pre-mentoring, roleplaying and OJT point person for investigators and sourcing/recruiting investigators to IDS.
  • The Sr. Investigative Program Specialist must hold active credentials for DCSA and have at least 3-5 years experience on the contract. This is to ensure a strong knowledge of the contract, case requirements, and the interaction between casework and the systems used to conduct casework.
  • Experience as a trainer or pre-mentor for DCSA Investigators. The Sr. Investigative Program Specialist should have the ability to train new investigators or mentor those who are struggling. For new Investigators going through NIT, this involves acting as the pre-mentor for the days leading up to NIT. During NIT this position will be the role-playing resource and be available to assist with questions that arise during the new Investigators coursework. The Sr. Investigative Program Specialist will be the OJT point for the weeks following NIT. Experience conducting checkrides, as this position will also conduct checkrides for other investigators.
  • Skills in communicating and outreaching both to other experienced investigators and new individuals who are interested in becoming background investigators. This position will actively use their network of contacts, social media and recruiting sources to outreach other experienced investigators to join IDS. The Sr. Investigative Program Specialist is responsible for interviewing applicants new to the DCSA contract to understand the onboarding and training requirements, as well as what it’s like to work as an Investigator.
  • IDS is an EEO employer and ensures all applicants will be treated fairly without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and national origin.
  • Job Type: Full-time
  • Salary: From $80k-100k per year

Job Listing: