Independent Contractor – Seattle WA, Malibu CA; DCSA & DHS Contract Experienced Investigators – need Nationwide
The self-employed Independent Contractor Background Investigator will conduct national security public trust pre-employment background investigations, focusing on providing a quality case report in a timely manner to the IDS customer. IDS is recruiting Independent Contractor Investigators with at least 1 year investigative experience. At least 1 year experience conducting federal background investigations for federal agencies such as DoD, DCSA, or DHS is preferred. Independent Contractor Background Investigators will be compensated on a completed item basis, not an hourly rate.
- Review case papers
- Conduct comprehensive interviews with subject and sources to establish reputation, character, and qualifications of the subject
- Write clear concise reports
- Provide any required edits or additional information within 48 hours of request
- Monitor pending cases to ensure compliance with ACD date
- 1 year of prior investigative experience
- Ability to manage case load and meet customer required deadlines
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Exceptional telephone and in person etiquette
- This is a contractor position (1099 for tax purposes), not an employee. The workload will vary, based on the needs of the customer, and may require travel within and outside of a home area.